Invisible Treatment, Incredible Results – The Invisalign® Experience
Learn More About Invisalign® in Mansfield, TX
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign® does not rely on brackets, wires, and other types of industrial-strength materials to straighten your smile. Instead, Invisalign® uses a series of clear aligners that fit over your teeth. You wear each aligner for about one week (ideally 22 out of 24 hours a day), then move up to the next aligner in the series until you complete treatment. Easy, convenient, and best of all, INVISIBLE! With our experienced and compassionate team, Braces on Broad is the perfect place to get Invisalign® in Mansfield, TX!
Invisalign® may be the right choice for you if your dentist recommends straightening your smile to prevent oral health problems and you are not interested in metal traditional braces.
Although the principle behind Invisalign straighteners works the same as traditional braces, it has some major advantages that people love.
- The straighteners/aligners are much less noticeable than wires and brackets.
- The straighteners/aligners are removable, which makes them easier to clean and easier to leave out for important events.
- The smooth, comfortable tray allows for less irritation to the gums, lips, and tongue.
Braces use metal brackets that are glued to your teeth. They are then connected by tiny rubber bands and wires. Generally, braces are used for more complex orthodontic cases. Invisalign®, on the other hand, is almost invisible. Invisalign® consists of custom clear trays that you place on your teeth. To subtly and gently move your smile, the clear aligner trays are made of BPA-free, smooth, transparent plastic. The trays are updated every couple of weeks in order to gently move your teeth into the desired position. While both Invisalign and braces straighten your teeth – each has its pros and cons. You can speak to our experienced orthodontist in Mansfield, TX, to find out more about which orthodontic treatment is best for you!
Outside of the obvious benefit of getting a beautiful smile without the wires and brackets, Invisalign® also provides the following perks:
- Custom-fit for comfort
- Removable for brushing and flossing
- No food restrictions — just take them out and enjoy whatever sticky, hard food you’d like!
- Molds are created for your clear aligners either with impressions or through the use of an intraoral scanner.
- Your models get sent to the alignment professionals at Invisalign. Working together, we come up with a treatment plan curated for your needs.
- The number of aligners that you’ll need will dictate how long it takes before your Invisalign treatment is complete. You then return to our office to view a virtual simulation of the possible results.
- When the treatment begins, there is just a bit of prep work that needs to be done to your teeth. This may involve placing “buttons” on some of your teeth. We simply prep the front surface of pre-selected teeth with conditioning solutions and adhere a natural color composite bonding material to them. This serves as a guide for the aligners to help show them in which direction the teeth need to move.
- Occasionally we’ll have to do some interproximal reduction (IPR) which is painless, and all we do is smooth the contact between your teeth, opening it up some. This allows your teeth more room to move in their proper position.
This depends on the complexity of every case and the unique needs of a patient. Most patients receive Invisalign treatment in as little as six months up until nine months, but you will start seeing results in a matter of a few weeks.
Invisalign may not always be the best option for everyone. Some patients will require traditional braces – but Invisalign can offer a convenient option for teens, adults, and children too. Invisalign is best for those who have mild to moderate bite issues. Those individuals that require serious corrections are typically addressed with traditional braces, as these have the ability to apply more pressure onto the teeth in order for them to move them into the right position.
Invisalign® was initially designed for adults. However, it became so popular that Invisalign Teen® and Invisalign First® were created. Invisalign Teen® is a unique system that was designed specifically for teenagers.
- Additional features to help teens with growing mouths
- Power ridges to aid tooth roots in growing into the right places
- Tools to assist teens keep on track by wearing the straighteners
Teens tend to prefer Invisalign Teen® over traditional braces. This is because they are more discreet, easier to clean, and provide more comfort for their growing mouths.
Invisalign First® was designed so that children could also benefit from the incredible and innovative Invisalign® straightening system.
This child-focused straightening option offers children younger than 12 years old the same convenience and comfort as Invisalign and Invisalign Teen®. These aligners, just as the other Invisalign® systems, can be taken out for cleaning, eating, and drinking. These aligners allow your orthodontist the flexibility to adjust room for incoming teeth without having to remove any surrounding teeth. Invisalign First® trays can be customized for each patient to address different orthodontic conditions, including:
- Dental arch development
- Expanding · Spacing/crowding
- A-P Correction · The aesthetic alignment
- Tooth protrusions and interferences
After you and your dentists have decided that Invisalign® suits you best, there are a few steps to follow:
1. The X-rays or impressions will be taken of your teeth. This will allow you to map out the precise movements of your teeth.
2. Your orthodontist will create a series of custom-made aligner trays made from virtually invisible (and BPA-free) plastic. These trays will be used to progress your treatment and will be changed out approximately every two weeks.
3. Your aligner trays will be worn for 20-22 hours each day during your treatment. Your doctor will check on your teeth every six weeks.
4. Retainers may be required after Invisalign® treatment. This is just like braces. You will need to discuss this with your doctor.
That’s it! After the straighteners have been made to your specifications, you can decide how long it takes. Wear your Invisalign® aligner tray proudly
Some online shops offer Invisalign® Cleaning systems. This cleaning system is popular with patients as it makes cleaning and maintaining aligner trays much easier. The aligners can be cleaned with a regular toothbrush and rinsed with warm water. As with your teeth, the cleaner you keep them clean, the more you brush them.
Additional Things To Consider When Considering Invisalign®
While Invisalign might be a bit more expensive than traditional braces, it’s not the sticker shock you might be expecting. Price will depend on your personal smile needs and length of treatment time, BUT our customizable, interest-free monthly payment plans make it more than possible for us to work out a treatment plan that works for your budget.
There’s no denying that Invisalign offers the unique convenience of working around your lifestyle and needs rather than interrupting them! Through the ability to remove your trays while eating and even every once in a while for a special occasion (like prom, senior photos, or a big business presentation), and the need for fewer and shorter orthodontic appointments, Invisalign makes the process of perfecting your smile as simple, easy, and painless as it can possibly be.
Get Started With Invisalign® in Mansfield, TX, Today!
Come on in for a FREE Smile Consult at no cost to you, and we can map out a customized treatment plan built especially for and around you and your unique needs!
Meet Our Orthodontists
Vincent Graves, DDS
Mohamed El Naga, BDS, MS, CAGS
Eric Bortnem, DMD, MS
3 Amazing Locations across northeast TX.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of comprehensive dentistry possible. Your oral health, smile and comfort are our top priorities. Call today to make your appointment with one of our experienced dentists and learn more about dental care.